Quote of the Day:
"Either I will find a way, or I will make one."
- Philip Sidney
Word of the Day:
accoutrement (uh-coo-truh-mon) - noun
: equipment or clothing that is worn or carried, but not part of your main clothing
STARTER: On a half sheet of paper, please put your name and the date at the top
and answer the following in a complete paragraph:
"What can you do/what will you need to do to find a way or make a way through this project?"
If the above question is too large, please answer the following:
- What do you want out of this project? To survive it or to thrive in it?
- What or who will you rely on to make it through this project? Coffee? A friend?
- What obstacles do you anticipate facing?
- How will you overcome those obstacles?
MANY OF YOU HAVE NOT SIGNED UP FOR A COUNTRY GROUP. THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN IMMEDIATELY.
Today's goal: Country Profile Information
Working in your groups, please find the following information:
- Gross Domestic Product
- Government Type:
- Ethnic Groups
- Religious Groups
- Brief Country Overview (this will need to be written by your group and should include interesting facts, main points, historical trivia, etc.
- Government Description
- Guns Per Capita
- Number of Gun Deaths Per Year since 2000 (please find information that is broken down by types of death)
- Number of Mass Shootings (4 or more people killed, not including the shooter) Per Year Since 2000
- Other Causes of "Violent Death" (stabbings, bombings, etc.)
- Brief Description of Country's History of Gun Legislature
- Do private citizens have the right to own a firearm?
- Is there mandatory military service in your country?
- What gun laws exist and when did they come about? What history or backstory can you find?
THIS INFORMATION IS DUE FROM EACH STUDENT BY THE END OF CLASS. NO EXCEPTIONS. I WILL BE TAKING DOWN A COMPLETION MARK FOR THIS.
We'll beautify these profiles next week.