Quote of the Day:
Love sought is good, but given unsought, is better.
What does this mean?
Word of the Day:
contrivance \ kən-ˈtrī-vən(t)s \ noun
1. the faculty of contriving, inventive skill
2. the act of devising something
3. a device or control that is very useful for a particular job
4. any improvised arrangement for temporary use
5. an artificial or unnatural or obviously contrived arrangement of details or parts
6. an elaborate or deceitful scheme intended to deceive or evade
1. Project Work Time Norms
- work environment needs
- my role changes to coach and collaborator
2. Daily Starter/Participation
3. ALTERNATE SCHEDULE TOMORROW
Pod 3/4 -
4. Daily Practice is complete so as to maximize work and collaboration time. I'll be checking your pages, counting numbers, and making a final mark in the grade book.
5. HONORS - We'll continue to meet Wednesdays. Expect an assignment description tomorrow.
IF YOU'RE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING STARTED:
READ & REFLECT
"Gun Culture Is My Culture. And I Fear For What It Has Become."
This essay written by David Joy is a fascinating first person look at the role of fear in the gun debate, and what it means to be a gun enthusiast living in the midst of gun culture and seeing the need for a change in thinking.
THINK & PROTOTYPE
What sort of an exhibition would allow both pods to work together, make space for all voices and perspectives to be expressed and heard, and be experiential and interactive for our community?
Does a good guy with a gun mitigate a bad guy with a gun? (Find examples of courageous men and women who were able to use firearms legally to keep bad people from doing bad things.)
WATCH & REFLECT
Guns Explained With Cats
Thanks to Owen O. for the find!