Quote of the Day:
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
- Henry David Thoreau
Word of the Day:
personify \ pər-ˈsä-nə-ˌfī \ verb
1. attribute human qualities to something
2. invest with or as with a body; give body to
3. represent, as of a character on stage
- In a paragraph, retell a story you heard while interviewing your partner on Friday.
- 12 Rectangles Challenge
- Honors, we'll meet during class on Wednesday to discuss "When Mr. Pirzada Came To Dine". Make sure to read it several times. I recommend using the following protocol:
1st read: Enjoy the story, get a sense of plot, find a connection to a character, situation, scene, etc.
2nd read: Look for structure. How did the story get from beginning to end?
3rd read: Study the writing. What sorts of sentences are being used? What seems to be the author's favorite/most utilized piece of punctuation?
- DUE THURSDAY: Empathy Exams (see assignment description)
What am I expecting as far as quality is concerned if you have project work time all week long?
What's your takeaway from "Empathy Interviews"?
What's the power of getting a person talking about their story?
"Tell me more."
INDEPENDENT WORK TIME: